Description: Conquering ScrumMaster ChallengesScrumMaster's fill a position unique in the business world. They are often the only person who focuses on change, constantly striving to improve the team and the organization. With this position comes many challenges. Even if you are not a ScrumMaster, understanding the challenges and some of the ways they can be tackled is valuable.
- Building the team with offshore or otherwise distributed members
- Engaging the Product Owner as a member of the Scrum Team
- Keeping meetings interesting and focused
- Including reluctant or skeptical team members
- Finding the balance of involvement with managers
- Creating time for self-improvement and what that improvement might be
Speaker Bio: Alan DayleyAfter more than 25 years as a software engineer in embedded systems and enterprise, I found that the people side of creative work is where my passion lies. I love creating moments of unusual experiences that build until changes in thinking happen. Agile is about leveraging human capability as strengths instead of compensating for human capability as weaknesses. http://www.solutionsiq.com/
Speaker Bio: Simin Kamali
Simin Kamali has over ten years of experience in Software Development in various industries, countries, and technologies following waterfall as well as Agile methodologies including, Scrum, Kanban and XP. She is passionate about new ideas and eliminating waste in the development cycles and loves helping people to achieve their professional goals and dreams. Currently, Simin is working as an independent SAFe trainer and consultant helping teams adopt SAFe where it makes sense and reduces complexity.